Friday, December 10, 2010

Reverb 10: Wisdom

December 10: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

It has been about two weeks since I decided I had enough. It has been an amazing two weeks and even many more to come. I'm slowly returning to myself, to my happy place.

I was over it long before the breakup actually happened. To me, being single feels exactly like being in that relationship. We didn't do anything, we didn't go anywhere. There was no magic, no spark, no romance. It felt tired and weighed down. Nothing I did could save it.

We had that talk several times. He knew that if something didn't change, it was over. I knew he could see something was wrong but by that point, it was to late.

I hated hurting him, but I had to do it. I had to do what was best for me.

No comments: