Friday, December 17, 2010

Reverb 10: A little help from my friends

Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

I'm 27 years old and have never known the value of true and loving friendship until this year. They have pushed me, listen to me complain, comforted me when needed, let me be my crazy self, let me grow and learn but having my back the whole time. I have found the most amazing group of people to surround myself with. They think my obsession with Twitter and Facebook is funny (I heart social media hard!), they think I'm hilarious to watch football with (I yell, scream, jump up and down, do my little dance.....all at the TV; I get that from my dad), they take care of me when I'm sick (Wild Blue.....not for a very long time; just thinking out it makes my stomach turn), they let me sleep on their bathroom floor, we cheese out over photos, they let me say what's really on my mind, they encourage me, they let me know when I've taken it too far and when I'm being the drama lama. They let me be me. They are my family, my heartbeat, my life.

They love me unconditionally. They take all of me, even the not so nice parts. I could not ask for better people to be part of my life.

I love you all from the bottom of my heart, more than you will ever know.

No comments: