Friday, December 10, 2010

Reverb 10: Party

December 9: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

I know it's a day late but oh well. I'm kind of glad I didn't post yesterday. That way I can tell you about last night.

In case you don't know, I'm a belly dancer. Like for real. Last night, I danced solo for the first time in my life. It was something we had been working in all session. Last night was amazing. It turned into this great friend gathering. I was so nervous. I didn't start getting nervous until about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. Yeah, great timing nerves. Elaine and I got ready together, making sure we looked good and to keep our nerves in check. We arrive at the restaurant and say hello to our many friends. As the time go closer, we powered up, energy running through our veins. I step out into isle. My music wasn't queued up so I had to wait. More nerves. Katie yelled something out, I can't remember what it was. I told her I loved her. My music starts and something powerful took over. I danced like I had never danced before. I had to remember to slow down for the first part. The second part was upbeat and energetic. They clapped along to the music and it made me even more excited than I already was. Before I knew it, my song was over. It passed so fast. I chugged water as I watched my other amazing ladies dance. I have never been so thirsty. After the solos, we all danced. It turned into a belly dance party. I want to dance a lot more now. I love it so much.

No comments: