Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb 10: What makes me beautiful?

December 8: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

I am beautiful. You are beautiful. I have heard "You are cute" so many times in the last week it's not funny. I will never leave the "cute" and "pretty" range.

I wad told today by a co-worker that my straight forward attitude makes me beautiful. How is that possible? I think my smile is pretty. I think it shines a lot brighter now.

What makes me beautiful are my experiences. What I have learned from them. My scars make me beautiful. They are proof that I have come through it. I am better because of them.

3 comments:

Katydid said...

I live in the "cute zone" myself and think that your honesty (at least in your writing as I dont know the real world you) makes you more than beautiful. Stunning in fact!

Katy

Heather said...

Katy, thank you so much :)

Anonymous said...

I don't see why people perceive such a difference between "pretty" and "beautiful" in terms of looks. People very rarely, in normal situations, call one another "beautiful" because it seems so forward (I've observed). Pretty is a safer assessment of the situation. Just because you're called pretty more often doesn't mean you're stuck at some level that isn't beautiful. You are beautiful. So there, :p

(Though I did have a hissy fit after overhearing "Awwww, look how cute Lainey is today" for a whole year in college, but that's different, and I'll rant about it some other time.)

Didn't that photographer the other day compliment your appearance pretty highly? ;)