Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb 10: Moment

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

The butterflies in my stomach where so strong. I hadn't done this in so long. Had been practicing for weeks, getting all the moves and facial expressions down. Scared to death I was going to forget them. Practice that morning was nervous. Being watched by people far better than myself. My skirt felt so heavy in my hands, and I was scared beads where going to fall off my top.

I enter the dressing room that night, nervous as all hell. Watching everyone around me, putting their costumes out ad getting ready. We all walk backstage, being as quiet as possible. The music starts and we shimmy onstage. OMG!!! I felt so alive up there. It felt like home. The nerves went away. I calmed down and finished strong. I looked and felt so comfortable up there.

I want to feel more of that.

No comments: