Friday, August 13, 2010

Something good

I know I've been gone a while. Aside from my once a month FemmeWrites (www.femmewrites.com), I haven't written much. I'm trying to change that, thanks to great irl and online friends. On Aug. 2, I came across a tweet by @writetoreach about something called VEDA (Vlogging Every Day in August). Well, I read her post about it and was hooked! I have vlogged about various topics and am loving it. Go search for kissandhug83 (that's me!) on YouTube and watch me make a fool of myself lol.

So, back in June, I posted about the Oasis Gala. That's the studio where I belly dance. Well, a few weeks after that, I received an invite to audition for one of the two troupes they have. It was a closed audition. Ever since my bff, Elaine, started talking about dancing with the troupe Habbibbi Hips, I've wanted to get it. I felt like a fish out of water at the audition but guess what?!?!? I GOT INTO HABBIBBI HIPS!!! Now, I feel like a fish out of water in the troupe. Sometimes I feel so out of place. I know they've been dancing together for a long time. I've only been belly dancing since Sept. of last year. I've never been part of a dance troupe (although, I was in marching band in high school and college).

So, aside from trying to play catch up, learn new routines, trying to figure out costuming, it's been great. I'm glad I have that to escape. I just channel it all through dance. I'm attending my first ever workshop tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited. There's a double veil workshop on Nov. 6th that I'm super excited about. I ordered a matching veil set off of Etsy. I can't wait for it to come in.

I just want to say that I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for.

Hope y'all have a great day/weekend!

Location:Doucet Rd,Lafayette,United States

No comments: