Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So much for today

It occured to me a few weeks ago that I would be working Mardi Gras.....all day and night.

Yeah, fun, I know.

I guess people have nothing better to do than come to the movies today. Most businesses are closed. I wish I could say that I went to parades this year and partied with the rest of the Cajun population. Sadly, I did not. That's okay though. I didn't have to fight the streets for a parking spot or the dunkin' crowds for a good spot and maybe some beads. Maybe next year.

Now, let's talk about tomorrow. If you are Catholic, like I am, so begins the season on Lent. Yes, let's give up something we otherwise would not live without for 40 days in hopes it will makes us better people and bring us closer to God. That's Cathoics for ya!

I'm giving up ice cream and really going to start going to church. If you know me and ice cream, this may be hard for me. I could eat ice cream all the time. I've ate it for breakfast once. Yeah, so.....let's see what you eat when there's nothing else. Don't judge me! As far as the church things goes, I've wanted to go back to church for a while now. I don't really know what's been stopping me (okay, so maybe I do....sleeping and laziness have beaten me thus far).

What are you giving up?

No comments: