Sunday, September 20, 2009

Somewhere in the middle

I'm sitting on Cain's porch right now. It's really pretty and lovely outside. The sun is shinning and the weather feels great. My dogs are playing. Such a great Sunday. I was suppose to go to one of my best friends nephew's birthday party today in Baton Rouge. She asked me this yesterday. I don't feel like doing anything today. I know we don't see each other that often, and she comes here all the time, but I really need a day of doing nothing.

I've had a really rough week.

Work at the vet has been crazy, trying to train in the back. Work at the Grand has been crazy as well. We have inspection on Tuesday. Cafe is spotless. I'm cleaning the daiquiri machines on Wednesday. Friday night was bad. I cursed in front two customers, two young girls. It wasn't to them or about them. Baker (a.k.a. kiss ass) came into cafe, Ms. Susan was cleaning the popper, and, while looking at me, told her she didn't have to worry about cleaning under the daiquiri or Icee machines because he had done it that morning because it wasn't done the night before (I did clean under there,he knew that). I immediately turned around and let it fly. I apologized to the customers and to everyone around me, except Baker. He deserved it. I also worked with Caleb, someone I did not like until Friday night. It went better that expected, and I made it a point to talk to him before he left. Before I left last night, Megan (manager) wanted to talk to me. I was up for my yearly raise. She said she talked to Charlie and they felt I was was doing better with customers and all. Yeah, that's great because it use to be bad. I feel like I'm doing better as well. Yeah, Friday night just messed that all up. We are going to revisit my raise in a month. At least it's not a whole year. I told her that Baker had to leave me alone, that I shouldn't be harassed for doing my job. I told her that even if she does talk to him, he's still going to harass me. Hayley said she thinks he makes it his mission at work: 1) smoke 2) do nothing 3) harass Heather. I laughed. I can't believe I let him get to me. I talk all this talk about being a strong, independent feminist. I still let him get to me. Thanks to Baker, we have to revisit my raise in a month.

ULL played LSU last night. We lost by the spread, 28. The final score was ULL-3 LSU-31. I knew we weren't going to win but I'm glad we didn't lose by that much. Two days ago, the spread was a lot worse lol. So, GEAUX CAJUNS!! I'm still proud of them.

I start my belly dancing class tomorrow night. I'm nervous and excited. A couple that we took our Cajun dancing class with came by the theatre last night. It was nice to see them.

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

No comments: